What is CODAR?
CODAR is an observational study to provide up-to-date microbiological susceptibility data in a new, near real-time database not currently available at the local hospital level. This database will allow you to make use of the AMR data and include local data on epidemiology of infection, resistance rates, patient management and outcomes, that's already in your EHR and other systems. CODAR may provide information to aid in improving antibiotic stewardship and patient care specific to your location.
Benefits of participating in CODAR
- Data available to HCP users on a timely and continual basis throughout the project
- Your site data can be analyzed easily from aggregate down to the patient level. Combining epidemiology, management, and outcomes data will provide information to aid in improving antibiotic stewardship and patient care.
- CODAR will provide hospitals with current and trending data on epidemiology of infection, resistance rates, patient management and outcomes.
- CODAR also provides the opportunity to review and benchmark your site data against aggregate study data at national and regional levels.
- Funding support (grant) for headcount / FTE engaged in manual data entry or data-cleaning related tasks.
Start up procedure
- Micron will prepare the central ethics/IRB submissions and/or we will assist you with your local IRB.
The data systems to be utilised for data collection are:
- Clinical Pipe - a validated tool that will serve a central role in helping to easily extract data from Electronic Health Records (EHRs),
- An Electronic Data Capture system (EDC) and
- A Data Analysis tool called MARS (Microbiological Analysis and Reporting System).
- If your hospital already has a live instance of Clinical Pipe, data will be extracted from your EHR into our secure Electronic Data Capture system (EDC).
ORIf Clinical Pipe is not already set up in your hospital and your hospital EHR is compatible, Micron will work with your Institute to set up a live instance of Clinical Pipe to easily extract data from your EHR into our secure Electronic Data Capture system (EDC).
- Micron will facilitate the cleaning of the data through a query process before migration of the data to a separate analysis tool called MARS (Microbiological Analysis and Reporting System).
- Micron will provide training on Clinical Pipe, EDC and on MARS to all necessary staff members.